Podcasts (VoicED Radio – Live With Dr. Cathy Fosnot
All podcasts are available here
To download the podcasts to your computer or a mobile device, create a FREE Soundcloud account, then click on the download button on the podcast, or get the free soundcloud app for your mobile device.
Looking to learn more with Dr. Cathy Fosnot this summer (August 23, 24, 25)? Info here (scroll down)
Access past newsletters and sign up for new ones here.
Below, you will find our growing collection of artifacts/resources based on our ongoing work with Dr. Cathy Fosnot.
We hope you will spend time here, deepening your learning during and after #notabookstudy
Podcasts (VoicED Radio – AfterGlow and Promo
AfterGlow Week 2 (Chapter 3 on the road)
Podcasts (#notabookstudy participants)
- Mark Carbone and Asima Vezina explain the purpose of #notabookstudy, why we are choosing to learn this way, and how learners can interact with the various open platforms.
- Mark Carbone and Donna Fry look at how our work in open learning has led to this method of sharing math learning openly across the north and throughout Ontario. How did we get here?
- Melissa Peddie joins us to share the work she is doing in Near North District School Board. This is an excellent podcast for teachers looking for a short description of the way Cathy Fosnot’s Landscape impacts our work in the classroom.
- Matthew Oldridge stops by for a quick chat about his #MathematizeThis idea on Medium Series. If you are looking for new ideas to support math thinking, this one will interest you!
- Melanie Courchesne expertly tells the story of how she and a classroom teacher made quick decisions around an unanticipated “happy surprise”, allowing them to explore thinking further. It’s such a great opportunity to see into deprivatized classroom math practice.
Would you like to participate? DM @notabookstudy on Twitter, or email email@example.com
Read blog posts written by participants here.
Read the work written by our quad bloggers here.
Read the work by Ontario Math Bloggers – links here.
Please leave your comments on the blogs. This builds community, starts conversations, and helps bloggers feel that there efforts are worth it! Your thinking is important to the conversation. New to writing comments? Check here for help.
We want your writing! Share a few paragraphs of your chapter reflections with us. Email your post to firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you a blogger? Share your site with us, an visit the blogs of our participants here. If you know WordPress, let us know and you can post directly to the #notabookstudy site.
Would you like to learn to blog? Start here.
Sharing on Twitter – Search #notabookstudy
Week 1: Learning with Dr. Cathy Fosnot
Week 1: Twitter Chat – Chapter 1
Week 2: Twitter Chat – Chapter 2
Week 5: Twitter Chat
Week 6: Number Sense and Algorithms – An excellent exploration of this topic
Need help with Twitter? Start here.
Videos: Dr Cathy Fosnot has given us permission to post these videos to help with our learning. These videos are part of the learning platforms available here.
These are for viewing only.
Chapter 1: Math Workshop
#NotABookStudy Facebook Page
#NotaBookStudy Voxer Group: Get the Voxer app and search for #notabookstudy
#NotaBookStudy Google+ Community
Featured image by Crew 2256 on Unsplash